As a Church of England School we seek to promote the Christian values of collective and individual care and responsibility. The school aims to serve its community within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils. A holistic approach is taken towards the education of each child in order to develop academic, physical, social, aesthetic, spiritual and moral understanding through experiences offered in the curriculum.
Bishop Wood C of E School aims to:
- provide a happy and secure learning environment where effective teaching and learning can take place.
- provide equal opportunities for all children.
- encourage children to respect the rights of others irrespective of gender, race, ability, religion or social background.
- encourage high standards of work and behaviour in all aspects of school life.
- provide a broad, well balanced, relevant curriculum for children of all abilities.
- help children to acquire valuable skills, knowledge and practical abilities and the will to use them.
- assist children to develop a secure and open questioning attitude of mind, a healthy body, sense of the spiritual, sensitivity to feeling and creative imagination.
- encourage children to appreciate human achievements in art, music, technology, literature and movement.
- help children to gain an understanding of the social and economic benefits of democracy and order, and to develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.